ThreatMetrix Platform Overview
ThreatMetrix enables visibility into user activities across all digital interactions and devices. Our platform provides historic context that helps detect user accounts being misused in real time. ThreatMetrix builds a comprehensive digital identity to authenticate each connecting user by combining information relating to devices, anonymized identity information, behavior patterns and threat intelligence. Transactions can be verified in real time against trusted patterns of behavior: high-risk anomalies are accurately identified for review while genuine users experience minimal friction.
The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network provides the intelligence that fuels the ThreatMetrix platform. The Network harnesses global shared intelligence from millions of daily consumer interactions including logins, payments and new account originations. Using this information, ThreatMetrix stitches together a user’s true digital identity by analyzing the myriad connections between devices, locations and anonymized personal information. Transactions are verified in real time against trusted patterns of behavior: high-risk anomalies are accurately identified for review while genuine users experience minimal friction.
Our solutions aid customers in many business verticals, including:
- Banking and Brokerage
- Payments and Lending
The ThreatMetrix Platform supports the following solutions:
- Payment Fraud: detecting the use of stolen or fraudulent payment credentials in real time.
- Identity Verification: ensuring that connecting users are who they say they are. This detects fraudsters attempting to open new accounts with stolen or spoofed identities that might otherwise go undetected using static identity assessment alone.
- Digital Authentication: effectively recognizing new and returning users; providing a slick and streamlined login experience. Step-up authentication procedures are only used for high-risk transactions, reducing friction for trusted users and operational costs for businesses.
- Account Security: protecting trusted user accounts from fraudulent account takeover, whether from stolen credentials, malware, advanced phishing scams, remote access Trojans (RATs) or automated botnet attacks.
- Compliance Assurance: providing businesses with identity and location certainty, for example ensuring that businesses are not transacting with individuals or networks from countries that are subject to penalty sanctions (OFAC).
- Workforce Authentication: protect business platforms from fraudulent takeover, as well as allowing a workforce to login remotely, whether on desktop or mobile.
- Threat Intelligence: combining threat detection with global threat intelligence of known fraudsters and botnet participation to help proactively detect complex attack vectors.
- Identity Analytics: using behavioral analytics to inform smarter machine learning models to better predict future fraud.
- Mobile App Security: protecting the integrity of host mobile applications, as well as protecting the surrounding mobile platform from device spoofing and malware attacks.
The following key components comprise the ThreatMetrix Platform, and are documented in this system:
- ThreatMetrix Web: Integrates customer's web pages into the ThreatMetrix Platform.
- ThreatMetrix SDK: Integrates customer's native apps for Android, iOS, OS X and Windows into the ThreatMetrix Platform.
- ThreatMetrix API: A family of APIs used to connect customer's systems to the ThreatMetrix Platform.
- ThreatMetrix Portal: A web interface used by fraud managers, analysts and security teams to configure, manage and review their ThreatMetrix implementation.
- ThreatMetrix Reporting: A web interface used by customers to view detailed information and statistics from the ThreatMetrix Platform.
- ThreatMetrix Connect: A highly configurable integration hub that enables customers to connect their systems to third party APIs via the ThreatMetrix Platform.
For more information, please visit www.threatmetrix.com